- Being Good Parents
- We will mentor our children, be attentive to their needs and be actively involved in all aspects of their life.
- We will place the physical, social, mental and academic development of our children as a top priority, and will therefore continually be available to our children for help and support.
- We will model responsibility, respect and tolerance at home and in the community and encourage our children to do the same.
- We will maintain open lines of communication with our children so that we may know their successes and struggles at school, their interests and their friends.
- We will communicate expectations, provide structure, and set appropriate limits for our children.
- We will discuss with our children all necessary issues regarding their personal health, safety and well-being, and will do what is required to help them in these areas.
- We will strive to not be discouraged by the difficulties of raising children, and will remember the importance and value of being involved in our children’s lives.
Being Role Models and Advocates
- We will value education and clearly communicate its importance to our children.
- We will ensure that our children attend school every day and take their learning responsibilities seriously.
- We will encourage our children to set goals and do their best so that they can reach their full potential.
- We will model and promote a work ethic that values attendance, punctuality, preparedness and participation in and outside the classroom.
- We will ensure that our children arrive at school on time and with the necessary requirement.
- We will work in cycle with our children, their teachers and the school administration to prepare our children to be successful contributing members of the community.
- We will proactively communicate to teachers and administrators any concerns or needs to help our children be more successful.
- We will support the staff at RoPA, and will remind our children that teachers and administrators are looking out for students’ best interests.
- We will stay informed of school activities by reading school newsletters and accessing electronic communications.
- We will continually monitor our children’s progress by regularly checking their grades on School Loop and/or contacting their teacher.
- We will attend parent-oriented school functions such as Back-to-School, parents’ day and other educational and peace promoting activties.
- We will support the RoPA board of governors’ body.
- We will encourage our children to be involved in activities in and outside the classroom, and we will support these activities by volunteering time and/or providing financial support for such activities.
- We will support and mentor new parents and students in the RoPA community.